What? Talk about myself? Sure, why not! Thanks to Shannon Hardwick & her awesome blog, I will be responding to the following questions, although because I do not have a book out, it’s going to be kind of boring.
1. What is the title of your book? Is it a working title?
It’s not actually a book, it’s a manuscript. So far the working title is Dovetail Down the House. Hopefully it becomes a book one day.
2. Where did the idea for your book come from?
Well the ideas are still forming, but I am interested in the idea of possession. Not like ghosts possessing my body, although that may be part of it, but more about the type of possessing that we do daily–the interaction we have with our objects, our lovers, ourselves. Ghosts are always also a part of that I think, literal or figurative depending on what you believe in, but the idea that memories can haunt us, or our past can haunt us, or sometimes, the way we can haunt ourselves has a part in the manuscript.
3. Who and/or what inspired you to write your book?
Dreams, houses, desks and kitchens.
4. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
My first draft took about one year to write. I believe that I will continue to work on the manuscript for another 2 years before it is “finished,” but who knows.
5. What genre does your book fall under?
8. What is a one-sentence synopsis of your book?
We are waiting to be submerged into something.
8. Do you have a publisher, or will you self-publish your book or seek representation?
I do not have a publisher because it is not complete. Maybe one day.
10. What else about your book might pique readers’ interest?
Blackout poems. Who doesn’t love a blackout poem?
9. What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie or to read your work for a recording?
James Franco (I am mostly joking), Animated Characters, & Inanimate objects.
I am opening this up to YOU GUYS. You are the Next Big Things. Please answer these questions on your blog & link to someone else.
Devon Miller-Duggan (visit her twitter here: @Rossakatum)!